How To Setup Echo Dot
How To Setup Echo Dot
Echo Dot is a hands-free, voice-controlled brand of smart speakers developed by Amazon and easy to Setting Up Amazon Dot. Through the use of Alexa, this speaker can play music, make calls, send and receive messages, read the news, set music, alarms, control smart home devices, read Audiobooks from Audible, control Amazon Video on Fire TV, provides information, and has many other uses. This device is sound sensitive can hear you from across the room, even with noise and other volume distractions, it responds to the name Alexa (default name, it can be changed). New features are constantly going to be added to the device, such as calling the Uber, ordering Dominos, etc. It is basically a speaker device when setting up amazon dot to the Alexa App makes life a whole lot easier at home or work.
What is Echo Dot?
Dot is an inbuilt speaker in addition to the 1st generation Amazon Echo that helps you connect to your speaker using the Bluetooth device or through the audio cable provided along with it after setting up amazon dot.
Features And Benefits:
Echo Dot has several features and manually Guidenes to Setting Up Amazon Dot has made life much easier for humans. It controls everything you need by just detecting your voice and addressing it as Alexa after setting up amazon dot. Following are the key features of the Echo Dot speakers and its benefits included:
- Bing Search Engine
- 360 Bluetooth speaker
- Google calendar
- Movie or movie theatre information
- To-do lists and shopping lists
- Orders and tracks purchases made on Amazon
- Weather forecast updates
- Sports updates
- Local news as well as traffic updates
- Controls everything in your smart home; right from Nest, LIFX, Fire TV, Haiku homes, lights, fans, garage doors, thermostats, sprinklers, locks etc.
- Controls your TV operations
- Can act as multiple timers and alarms
- Audio books from the Audible app
- Pandora and Prime music is available
- Echo skills as a part of the Alexa app
- Spotify premium
- Multi-room audio
- Voice calling and sending text messages
- Offers a kid-friendly feature (free time for Alexa)
A Guide To Setting Up Amazon dot And How To Use It:
Download the Alexa app, create an account and sign in for Setting Up Amazon Dot:
The Alexa App can be found in the play store of your mobile device. Downloading the Alexa app is free of cost and is the first step in setting up amazon dot. The app can also be accessible through your Wi-Fi connection by going to https://alexa.amazon.com on one of the following browsers: Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, or Internet Explorer (10 or higher). There are several activities that can be performed through this device connected to the app. This app is available on phones and tables that have:
- Fire OS 3.0 or higher
- Android 4.4 or higher
- iOS 8.0 or higher
Turn on Echo Dot:
Position the echo Dot in a central region with at least 20 centimeters away from any walls or windows. Next, plug in the power adapter into Echo Dot and a power outlet. Wait for the light ring on the device to start. It first turns blue, then orange. Alexa will greet you as soon as the orange light is lit.Note:
Echo Dot needs a high power adapter and thus, other USB power adapters, such as phone chargers may not provide enough power to the device if used for charging.
Connect Or Setting Up Amazon Dot to a Wi-Fi network.
- If you are having trouble in Setting Up Amazon Dot Or in Amazon Echo Wifi Setup, then you can setting up the device automatically, press and hold the “Action” button until the light ring on the Echo Dot turns Orange. Post this, open the Alexa App, and go to Menu. Select Alexa Devices and then choose the option of Add Alexa Device.
- If you are unable to connect the device to the Wi-Fi network, try restarting the device by unplugging and plugging the device again for Amazon Echo Wifi Setup. If it still doesn’t connect, you will need to reset your device to factory settings and re-set it again for setting up amazon dot.
Talk to Alexa.
After Setting Up Amazon Dot Your Echo device is now ready for use. In order to get started, all you have to say the Wake word which is Alexa and then continue speaking to device in a normal way. The name “Alexa” has been set by default and can be changed by you at any point of time. All you have to do to change the name of the device is say “Change the wake word” and then follow the instructions given. This change can also be made on the App, by choosing the option of “Alexa Devices”, clicking your echo device and using the option of “wake word”.
Connect Or Setting Up Amazon Dot to an External Speaker(This step is optional)
Can The Name Alexa Be Changed And Can The Voice Of The Device Be Changed ?
The voice of Alexa is been put on default settings and cannot be changed in the current model. However, the woke name of the device can be changed in the Alexa App settings to either Echo, Amazon or Computer, if not Alexa.
Is The Echo Dot Compatible With My Itunes Music
Yes, your echo device is compatible with your iTunes music. The easiest and most convenient way would be to connect it and pair it with your Bluetooth device.
How Can My Echo Dot Be Connected To My Stereo ?
Your stereo can be connected Or Setting Up Amazon Dot through the cable or aux. However, if your stereo has a Bluetooth setting, that is the most convenient way to connect them. The devices compatible with your Bluetooth can be found in the Alexa App’s setting menu.
Can Amazon Prime Videos Be Watched Through The Echo Dot Device ?
No, that will not be possible. Only videos on the Echo show and Echo spot can be viewed at ₹ 12,999 respectively. A fire stick or Fire TV will help you control the shows you want to watch and controls basic playbacks.